Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Back

Excellent! It was so nice to come back to work and get caught up with all of the blogging that has been going on. You guys rock. So good to hear from you. My thoughts will be somewhat scattered, so I apologize in advance.

I back at work after a 6-day weekend. No joke. We got 5 inches of snow and the city practically stopped. The Feds even shut down early last Tuesday and opened late on Wednesday. My school just tucked tail and sought cover. Nice. I wish I could say I did something remarkable with my time off other than hit the gym, watch 24 on DVD, finish one book, start another, head downtown to have lunch with Andrew every day, but I can't in good conscience.

Oak - the angst of kids over Valentines. Totally experienced it even though we weren't in school. We do candy grams here where the kids write notes and send candy to others. We distributed them in lockers on Tuesday. One of my girls was absent, so didn't see Danny's response to her "I like you" note and had to wait until today to see him. Yikes.

Our Valentine's Day in the District. I had no school and Andrew had a delay, so decided to "work from home." We continued our tradition of getting each other a book and the most hideously corny card we could find. Excellent. I received one that sings "Best of my Love" by the Emotions. He got one addressed to "My Beautiful Wife." We finished the night with cheese dreams (ie. grilled cheeses) and cheap wine.

Baig- you should stop in to Ringa Funeral Home. Andrew's Dad, Bob, would be happy to see you. Also, it is a great place to get free flowers if needed. Ask Andrew's prom date.

Good to be back.