Tuesday, February 13, 2007

redaction



So in a somewhat prominent place (at least for people who would be reading this blog on a regular basis), I recently declared this blog all but dead to me - now that I've returned, I see that people are now using the new technology to add pictures and clips and all of a sudden, I'm converted - it seems that charlemagne will be able to amuse and entertain - unfortunately my corporate overlords probably won't smile on my watchin youtube clips all day - but its nice to know they're here. and the list of characters not likely to make the blog was legitimately funny - poor old knight guardian...700 years of celibacy=ouch.

Since tomorrow is Valentine's day, the wife and I took the little man to Target to purchase Valentines for his little friends at day care. Unsurprisingly, he chose Backyardigans ones. As we sat down to fill them out I had one of those sharp flashbacks to childhood - opening up the new box of transformer valentines and reading them all carefully, trying to tease out what, exactly, each message meant; which ones could be given to the boys in class, which ones were suitable for the unattractive girls - because as hurtful as it may be, there were unattractive third graders - and then agonizing over whether to give the very best valentine to julie warner or megan zwick (i went with julie, which turned out to be a mistake in the long run). O-man didn't seem to have the same angst, yet, although he did insist on giving himself his favorite Pablo card, so maybe he was ranking them in his own head.

Labels: ,