Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blizzard in the Bend

Well, it's snowing like crazy here in the Bend, and we are likely to get at least six inches by nightfall, with possibility of another six by morning. My plan for the evening . . . make good use of the stand mixer that Cole and I picked up over the weekend and make some homemade pizza. Sausage and bell pepper sounds particularly good.

Not to brag, but I feel like the most successful Valentine's Day present I've gotten in years has been this pair of cookbooks: The Best Recipe and Baking Illustrated. I have to say that both Nicole and I have been extremely impressed with how great they are. They go into fantastic detail about how to prepare the dishes and also identify all the mistakes that you can run into when preparing them, so that you won't make them. If you like cooking, I'd highly recommend them.

In other news, there was a huge natural gas leak on campus yesterday. Here are some pics of it.



Apparently the leak was all the way over by Hesburgh, and was substantial enough that I called in to NDSP concerned about a gas leak in Hayes-Healey or Crowley Music (on the walk from the law school to LaFun).

Hope all are keeping warm.

And Old Librarian, Esq.--I had seen a preview of that movie. I have to admit that I'm excited about it, but am of the opinion that the American public will soon come to the realization that Jon Heder is not all that funny. I was as big a fan of Napoleon Dynamite as the next guy, but his roles since then have not struck me as anything all that exciting.