Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thoughts for a valentines evening:

First, I love the new blog header-picture
Second, I apparently get really good reception off of my neighbors wireless in the bathroom, not that I am writing this in the bathroom (I am)
Third, I am disappointed in the lack of posting here, besides our trust leader short round and his trusty sidekick, old librarian
Furthermore, I had always believed Michigan to be a hardy state, until this winter, when they have repeatedly closed the public schools for almost not reason at all: there was maybe 4 inches this morning and every school district within a hundred miles canceled school – I think they’re trying to make up for their massive budget shortfall by cutting back on school $ by having less class days
Update: apparently I don’t get really good reception in the bathroom, cause although I’m showing 3 bars, my post won’t load, at least I can listen to the new Be Good Tonyas album in here: seriously, I don’t know how to post a music clip (perhaps OL or SR can tell me) but you all should listen to this
Finally, since school was canceled, o-town, and all other little kids out there, did not get to give away their little valentines today. Oh well, he’s gonna do it tomorrow; but I was thinking, what if some schools who canceled school today don’t exchange valentines? Think of all those kids who agonized over which valentine to give to whom, all for no purpose…not to mention the amount of money spent on the stupid little cards that get almost immediately thrown away: I read one estimate that said somewhere around $60 million gets spent on the stupid grade school paper valentines: what a colossal waste of money on a ridiculous invented holiday – or at least one that shouldn’t invade preschools and grade schools. Oh well, hope you all are enjoying a nice glass of wine with a loved one – mine is asleep, $%#^ med school

Labels: ,