Hey All! I've decided its time to participate. "Indy" has been discussing valentine's day, which I have found pretty amusing. I think I find Valentine's day amusing on the whole. So I thought I'd share a few gems from my own first "married" valentines day.
*** NOTE: if you are shortround and are feeling sensitive, don't read any further***
As he mentioned, my hubbie (cant bring myself to call him Shortround, its just too funny) got me (read: us) two really amazing cookbooks. The nerd in each of us it really pleased (the book has several pages on the research it does testing out gillions of variations of each classic recipe and then finally gives the one it considers to be the best). In any case, I received these presents a few days early, because he got really excited about them and couldn't wait until valentine's day. This was great because we've gotten to try some recipes already. Example: we made pizza on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, we didn't take into consideration the time you need to let the dough rise. As a result, we ate dinner at midnight. Literally.
The bookstore is selling these fleece hockey helmets (winter hats), maybe you've seen them. I got one to give as my valentine's day gift. My husband looks like a "Rock'em Sock'em Robot" in it. I wish I could post a picture. Priceless. Also, I am eating my left over dessert from dinner last night for breakfast (you know what they say about turtle cheesecake........ breakfast of champions). I love being a student. It some how makes ridiculous behavior in numerous parts of my life seem acceptable.
